Monday, May 24, 2010

S.O.S.

Have you ever felt like crawling into a corner and hoisting up a white flag in surrender?

After a series of pretty interesting events this past month (a visit from the police was one of them...I'll give you the details later), I have felt quite defeated and rattled, especially in my mothering abilities. Then, as I was about to go upstairs and collapse in my bed, I read my dear, dear friend's blog. Cherie...my vitamin C. It came at the perfect moment. A life preserver rather. Hope you don't mind Cher... but hope you all can glean as much as I did.

http://cheriemask.typepad.com/

Loves,

Alexis

4 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

hi lexie...so sorry that you're feeling a little overwhelmed right now. i feel that way a lot too. and your friend is right - what a great reminder! that was just the dose of vitamin c i needed! :) xo.

MelanieJ said...

repeat after me--I am a good mom. I love my children. They love me. We are a happy family. (sorry--i may have stolen those words from another song...or something). i love you.

Polynesian Cultural Center said...

Your family is happy, living the gospel, and progressing. These times are precious. Dad and I were riding the bike around our 31 year old neighborhood this morning, remembering those times when we had children here. Cherish them. We do.
Love,Merlsie

Emma Jo said...

I hear ya. I need a good dark corner some days...but happy thoughts are good too. Thanks.