Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oh so Wicked...

























Rule #1: Never blog tired


(Otherwise, you get raw me. Thank you my loveliest friends for loving me, even when you know the raw me. I love, love, love you!...have I mentioned that I've missed you? Another confession: I've lost my address book. Can you pretty please e-mail me at aethunell@yahoo.com with your info? I need it. Thank you.)


Moving right along...


This past weekend was magical for a myriad of reasons:



1) Austin learned to ride his bike. Ever since then, he's wanted to "pwactice" riding his bike...of course until today when his mother neglected to shield him from the big bush at the end of the driveway that came out and grabbed him. Now, he's not nearly as eager; however, I'll "pwactice" with him tomorrow. A fresh new day always makes things look brighter (I know this from experience.)!



2) Saturday, Annie played in her first club volleyball tournament down in Orange County. She was nervously excited! Savannah, baby Ben, and I cheered on the greatest little lobaro (did you know that's a position in volleyball? I didn't.) ugh. She's still growing too fast. Growth is good, growth is good, growth is good...I hear this from my husband regularly, so I have to remind myself of this when he's not around. We cheered, yelled, cheered...such fun!



3) Several years ago, I bought the soundtrack from the Broadway musical Wicked at Target. Why? you may ask? Why do I buy most things at Target? I wander around. The more I wander, the longer I'm there, the more I spend. Oh, but I love Target!! ANYWAYS, we all love this soundtrack. So, for Christmas, Adam and I gave the three eldest girls tickets to see Wicked down in L.A. The night was magical! We treated ourselves to a delectable Italian feast on Sunset Blvd. beforehand, complete with warm, incredible Artisan bread and fresh pesto. I've been dreaming about it ever since! After, we walked down the street to the Pantages Theater to see our show. Amazing. I laughed, I cried. I've never heard voices sing like that! Well, it did help that both witches were from Texas. I loved them before they even opened their mouths! I'll enjoy this memory forever!



And, this happened Monday...my sweet friend Tiffany gave me a new "plan"/game to do with my little ones--entailing poker chips. When I told my sister about this new wonderful plan, she burst out laughing and said, "You've gone from warm fuzzies (cotton balls in jars) to poker chips!!! What is this world coming to???" When Kate opened the poker chip box, she read the label, "Po-ker...Mom, did you know this says 'Poker chips'?" Yes, my love...don't worry, we will not be playing poker. I'm not that Wicked! :)


Line of the week, asked by my almost 13 yr. old:


"Mom. Was pizza around when you were a kid?"


Sweet Dreams...


































































3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Sweet sweet kids and sweet gifts!! What a fun night with the girlies! and Holy cow, can we say you have a daughter that is your sister Adrien?!

Kents said...

I love tired, raw you!

Melissa said...

You are amazing! Thanks for being you!!

Looks amazingly fun!!