Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ah...vacation






We made it back home...alive and well and relaxed. Since I wanted to post mostly pictures anyways (I think it's much more descriptive and interesting), I will be brief in my vacation run-down.


The day we drove out to Utah was little Katie-Kate's 6th birthday! She is such a delight...and with such a great sense of humor! Just tonight she was telling me that she lost lost her little tooth. I offered to write the tooth fairy a note, explaining the mishap; however, she replied, non-chalantly, "No, that's okay. I'll just sleep with my mouth wide-open, so that the tooth fairy can see the missing one." She keeps a smile on our faces... Anyways, I said I'd keep this brief (I don't know if that's possible with me). So, Grandma Thunell prepared such a special birthday party for her at their lovely home...complete with pink cupcakes and balloons. Both sets of grandparents were there (since my parents are currently serving a mission in Salt Lake), along with Aunt Adrienne, and Uncle Fordy. We don't usually get to celebrate birthdays with so much family around, so that was extra-extra special.


Aspen Grove...ah...Aspen Grove. We had the best week with our little family and with our dear friends, the Masks. We enjoyed all the activities, the time together, and the beauty around us. We always come away feeling rejuvenated, refreshed, and happy.


The second week of vacation (I can't remember the last time this happened!), we visited my parents at the Geneology Library in the Joseph Smith Mem. Bldg. in Salt Lake. My heart was so full to see my parents with their missionary tags on, serving the Lord. I loved that my children saw and felt this too...a blessing. We also spent time with Adam's parents, which was a real treat. We did everything from visiting a little farm and bowling at BYU to riding Trax down in SLC for Joseph's 3rd birthday (we have a lot of summer birthdays!). Riding a train is all Joseph has been interested in doing for his birthday. So, Trax was the closest we could get! Sorry, this is kind of a blow-by-blow. All in all, it was, well...fabulous!


No comments: