Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hello Happy-Happiness!

These are the lyrics of a Sesame Street song that has been running through my mind all week. I don't even know any of the other words, just "Hello Happy-Happiness!" It seemed to suit the events of this week.

Grandma Thunell was a magic ingredient of this week's success. She kept the laundry going, the homework complete, the kiddies entertained, etc. so that I could rest and nurse and nurse and nurse some more. She left for home on Thursday, and I will always appreciate the time she spent here. Adam was able to take off Wed., Thurs., and Fri. of this week. It's been special having him home to spend time with us. Things just seem to run a bit smoother...ahhh.

Erika is growing (or at least she should be, with her high consumption of milk!) and I love just looking at her, smelling her, cuddling with her--it is heaven. The girls love holding her, especially the little mama Kate. Joseph is always shushing all of us, "Shhh! Baby E-ka is seeping!!!" Austin is still trying to figure out his spot. He is usually right there on my lap as I nurse baby girl. I don't mind at all. I love cuddling with two babies.

And, just because you have a new baby doesn't mean all the kids slow down. I was in getting Austin x-rays this week. His elbow keeps popping out of joint--ouch! So, he was in to see the Orthopedic Dr. this week, trying to figure it all out. As I was standing in the waiting room, an older lady looked at Erika and said, "How old is your baby?" "Five days." She looked at me and said, "Sit down." I laughed out loud.

Annie's soccer season finally came to a close yesterday (is it ok that I say, "whew!"?). It was certainly fun while it lasted, and I know that Adam will enjoy having more of Saturday available. As Adam had the latter part of this week off, he was so great at taking charge...hallelujah, truly. Kate was having a "moment" and I heard him say, "Come on Kate, let's go outside!" (with ipod in hand). He spent a good 45 min. on the swing outside, playing "Guess that song." I could hear their dialogue through the open window: Adam, "Kate, can you guess who this is?!" Kate, "A rock star?" Adam, "Kate! It's Oingo Boingo!!!" (with a whole lotta enthusiasm) Kate, "Oh." He proceeded to pull out all of his 80s music: Duran Duran, Asia, Journey, Styx, and I'm sure a little Pat Benetar's "Hit me with your best shot. " It was so cute, a little moment in time that was so sweet to observe. I then watched from the upstairs window him playing four squares and monkey in the middle. It definitely brought me "Happy-Happiness!!!"

1 comment:

Watermelanie said...

I LOOOOVE when you blog! (singing) You're my inspiration! Thanks for writing about adam's time with Kate--what a treasure for all of you! Thanks also for helping me laugh with that lady in the dr. office. But then I would have said, "Of course she is." Love you, sister!