Monday, July 20, 2009

an epic journey














































hello? hello? Is anyone there? Good grief. I have not seen the likes of this blog for quite some time now. Well, I take that back. I have, actually. However, I wasn't the author. Someone sneaky and generous (a little too generous I might add) has been here. So, thank you LOML and thank you dear ones for all of your birthday wishes and generous words. You are indeed too good to be true!


















We have been travelling to and fro, here and there, over the river and through the woods...all the way to Grandmother's houses. Our adventures included a visit with Adam's family (there's a nice ring to that..Addam's family...hmmm). We slip and slided, shopped, ate lots of goodies, movie-watched, talked, and relaxed. They are very wonderful people who can patiently put up with this rowdy bunch of ours.


















Also, we enjoyed our annual Grandma's camp in Salt Lake with my family. My mom has hosted Grandma's camp (nearly a week of fun-filled, cousin-filled, activity-filled, delicious food-filled fun) for, I think, five years now. Eventhough the stomach flu ravaged through our Grandma camp, everyone, true to form, remained chipper and undeterred. Even with some sleepless nights, we still had some serious fun climbing Ensign peak, visiting Temple Square and Heritage Park, rolling down the hill (instead of watching the baseball game), playing in the creeks, and having dinner picnics. Wowsers.


















We took home some wonderful memories of both homes. Last night after we pulled in the driveway, we all were so beat that we just plopped on the couch and talked about birthdays. Kate's is this Saturday and Joseph's is in August. Joseph loudly exclaimed that he wanted a "belly jumper" at his birthday. We all looked at each other and laughed. Eh, sonny? Was that a belly dancer or a jolly jumper? Let's hope that for all of our sakes (and reputation) you meant the latter.


















Glad to go, and definitely glad to be home. I better get off to bed so I can face my laundry tomorrow (and you know how that goes)...


















night, night.

8 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

hooray...you're back! love all the pics! i looks like y'all are having a great summer.

um. can you keep us posted on the true meaning of a belly jumper? LOVE IT! :)

April said...

Good luck with that laundry. Finally finished mine yesterday, but still have the ironing.

We had the stomach flu run through our vacation as well...gotta love the fall (even in the midst of paradise.)

Suzanne said...

I thought that's what baseball games were for -- to roll down the hills. That's what my kids do. Good thing we always use the free tickets they pass out at school!

Glad to see you posting again!

Rumsey's said...

hahaha!!! I love the part about Joseph wanting a belly jumper. WHAT a cutie.

You can steal as many photos as you'd like without asking permission.

Love you!

Natalie

Melissa said...

So glad you all made it home safely! Sounds like quite the trip. Love all the pictures! I am so happy you were able to stop by and spend the afternoon! We love you all so much!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

hi cute lexie! just finally got all caught up on the thunell fam, what a great summer you guys are having! the pics were fantastic, and that belly jumper request is a HOOT!! can't wait to see a new post (the upside of being about 3 weeks late seeing this one, it shouldn't be a long wait!!) :)

happy end of summer, hope you're loving it!

The Rich Family said...

I ran into your dad at temple square. He told me I just missed you guys. I loved seeing pictures from grandma camp. You are amazing!!!!! AND my idol!!!

amy said...

alexis. you are so sweet to have entertained our crazy, last-minute idea!! you are the best. of course we changed our last minute minds again and headed to utah. you are truly wonderful. thanks again!

~amy