Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetie!




Yes, I've succombed to the dark-side and "hacked" my way into my wife's blog (OK, it really only took signing in... but to us illiterate bloggers it appeared to take the same amount of time and technical expertise as constructing the space station). However, even without that disclosure, it wouldn't take a literary genius to quickly come to the conclusion that Alexis' "ghost writer" needs some coaching from the master herself.

Alexis is on literary leave right now (ie. vacation) and I've been self appointed on her Birthday!!!(July 9th) as her Numero Uno Fan to celebrate the writer and person behind these words and stories, chronicles and inspirational thoughts. Too often we only see and hear the author's perspective from their eyes looking out, but don't have the opportunity to step back and from the outside reflect on the author. I can't pass up the opportunity to tell her and the world of "Blogonia" how much I (and we as family/children, and friends) love and admire her.

All who know her realize that not only is she a gifted writer and communicator, but also a compassionate and tender mother and wife, a dear friend with a listening ear, and a motivator and Superwoman (I have personally witnessed her stopping speeding tricycles, leaping large buildings - aka laundry piles in a single bound, and spotting with her laser vision my hidden chocolate stash through cabinet doors). It isn't infrequent that she is able to juggle 6 or more active children, running between piano, soccer, school, errands, meals, church, while on the phone, balancing on one foot, being understanding of a husband who is coming home late due to meetings, and maintaining a great sense of humor, purpose, and perspective. Whewww.

So you may ask, when does she find time to blog, jog, or chase the dog. I don't know, and that my friends is the mystery; how does she turn a 24 hour day into 30 hours of accomplishments, and make each of us feel like we have her full attention and interest while time is standing still?? It is truly one of her many gifts.

I've always loved the way she smiles and laughs. She has a natural beauty and is absolutely gorgeous when she is dressing up on Sunday's or special occassions as well as just relaxing at home. She finds joy in the simple things of life; flowers, moments with our children and talking to a friend, going for walks, practicing a piano piece after the kids are in bed, and a fresh green salad. She is a tenacious worker, and unstopable when she wants to accomplish something, an outstanding chef, a master budgeter, and a fabulous tennis player. Most of all, she loves the Lord, shares her testimony and experiences freely and often and desires to do what's right in every situation.

I find that I'm in love with this incredible woman more each day than the day before and realize how lucky I am in our marriage. Thank you to so many of our friends and family for your love and support of Alexis! I know she and I value your friendship greatly.


I love you Alexis! Happy Birthday!

14 comments:

MelanieJ said...

Way to go, Adam! I love this post! And, yes, she is all of that--I am so grateful for such a loving and faithful friend!

tvmom said...

Happy Birthday Alexis!

Unknown said...

It seems to me that Bro T has a writing gift as well. That was an amazing tribute to Alexis and I agree with every syllable.

Both of you are amazing.

We will be in Oxnard on the 17th and will be calling to reserve our Thunell time as usual.

Thanks for your wonderful friendship and give Alexis big hugs from the Basua family along with a hearty Happy Birthday!

~Yo Yo Buzz

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Alexis and good job Adam!

cherie said...

wonderful post, adam!

love you, alexis. happy, happy birthday!!!

Melissa said...

Happy happy birthday Alexis!! And a pat on the back to Adam. Good job! What a wonderful tribute and oh so true! You are a wonderful person, Alexis and I am better for knowing you! Love you all!

Berly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXIS...I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY AND I ALSO THINK YOU ARE AMAZING!!

TM CLAN said...

What a wonderful way to honor Alexis. Adam, your words were straight from the heart, and I felt the love. Happy, happy birthday Alexis.

You are a shining example for good. I am a better person for knowing you. Mwah!

Amy Lynn said...

This is a beautiful tribute to an amazing woman! I agree with every last sentiment! Happy birthday Alexis! May you be spoiled, adored, and have a really big cake!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

would it be totally weird if I copy/pasted this to my blog, and changed it to say, LOVE, MATT!?!?! :) because that was INCREDIBLE! Happy Birthday Alexis, and awesome job Adam - you 2 are such a sweet & inspirational couple!! Alexis, I hope you had the perfect day!! :)

Kents said...

Thanks for doing that Adam! I too admire Alexis. She is amazing. Can I hang out with her more? :-) Happy Birthday Alexis and I hope you are enjoying your vacation. I look forward to seeing you when you get back.

The Leonard Four said...

well. i, for one, could not agree more with every word of this post! great job, adam! and to my sweet lex...i hope you had a fabulous birthday! xoxo...

DaveandTeneal said...

I am that fly on your blog wall with a dropped jaw, in awe of the awesome woman that you are, Alexis! You are the definition of a BFF! You always make people feel like they are amazing when they are probably really just a bump on a log, but then because of you they get up and do something incredible! You are such an inspiration to me!

Suzie Petunia said...

A perfect tribute to this amazing woman! Your statement that she "makes each of us feel like we have her full attention and interest" is so true! Her compassion and genuine interest in others is what draws everyone to beautiful Alexis! I only wish I still lived close enough to enjoy her company more often. :)

Happy Belated Birthday, Alexis!