Monday, November 23, 2009

I am thankful for...





...Derma-bond--the surgical glue that is holding my little Austin's finger together after it was slammed in the door this morning.
...the kind lady who screeched to a stop yesterday and rescued my Austin from getting hit by a car as he was darting onto a seriously busy thoroughfare after church and I had no idea (I have the shivers still as I write this).
...Austin.
...my dashing and wonderful husband who is the man of my dreams and is the ultimate daddy (and his bidding # was 007 at the latest hospital fundraiser dinner thingy...we laughed and I secretly thought it was very cool).
...my Annie's giggles, obedience, brain-power, and intensity.
...my Savannah's big heart, big eyes, and hula-hips.
...my Kate's whistles, singing, and nurturing nature.
...my Joseph's dimple, tickles, and cheerful, "Good morning!"
...my Erika's determination, cuddles, and desire to be close to her mama.
...my comfortable home which is more often than not choatic, messy, loud, but fun?! I love living within these four walls with these seven people.
...nice people.
...second chances.
...warm smiles.
...Trader Joe's and their feta, spiced cider, cinnamon almonds, and peppermint JoJo's. mmm...
...fresh fruits and vegetables...sweet potatoes, oranges, red peppers and every other produce item that is jam-packed with vitamin C. We've been consuming these suckers by the truck-load lately.
...sunny California (even though my children say they are "sick and tired of blue skies" hmmm..)
...my iceberg roses that bloom year-round.
...Costco.
...Thanksgiving Day meal shopping.
...joyful laughter.
...electricity and indoor plumbing (and Huggie's diapers).
...my patient and loving parents who gave me the best start in life including piano lessons...bless them.
...music...good music...happy music, calm music...(by the way, just so you know, the best song to do housework to is Beyonce's All the Single Ladies. Just try it, your laundry will be folded before you know it! and I don't usually like that...type...of music)
...BYU.
...my family--brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, grandparents, in-laws...I have the very best.
...America. I love being an American. I cry everytime I've traveled abroad and land on U.S. soil.
...my friends, new and old. Life just wouldn't be the same without them.
...Holy Temples.
...the Bible and Book of Mormon and the peace I feel when I read them.
...my Savior, Jesus Christ, who has been my steady companion throughout life.
...hope.
...love.
...my amazing life.
I could go on and on and on...I have so much to be grateful for. God is very good to me.
Thinking of each of you this week, especially. Thank you for being on my list...

10 comments:

Emma Jo said...

What a lovely list and what a beautiful life. You make me happy (and so does Beyonce's All the Single Ladies...)

Berly said...

Thank you so much for sharing - loved it and Emily's comment above cracks me up...but I have to agree with her and my little girls also agree.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

alexis, somehow you just made starting MY day easier by reading your list - I LOVED IT. The funniest ones: the Single Ladies and folding laundry made me giggle out loud, I really should try it! Especially when it's 11pm and I'm the lone one left up in the house and just want to go to bed. :) The kids being "sick and tired of the blue skies." HA! I'm with them though, I love a dark rainy day.

Your list is perfect, and your family makes me want 5 kids of my own. ;) HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!!

tvmom said...

great list, I totally agree. I need to do a post like this. Seriously, I'm so grateful for indoor plumbing and huggies and Costco...love Costco.

April said...

And I am thankful for you...thank you for the Little House in the Big Woods advice...it was so needed and so brilliant and so helping me. Thank you!

April said...

P.S. My kids are sick, sick, sick of blue skies too. I am too come to think about it.

Amy Lynn said...

LOVE Beyonce...really, love. She makes me clean faster, work out harder, and feel like "I am woman, hear me roar!"

Loved your beautiful list! Your gratitude has inspired me. I'm headed to my blog to make a list...Happy Thanksgiving!

MelanieJ said...

I love you, my friend. You radiate positivity, and that is why so many people love you. I am thankful for you (and the possibility of seeing you before the year's out!).

TM CLAN said...

That list is the cornicopea of a blessed life full of joy! Happy Thanksgiving, Alexis.

The Leonard Four said...

wow lex...you just gave me goosebumps! you have a TON to be thankful for!!! :)

sounds like austin has had a few adventures lately...i'm glad he's okay!

know what i'm thankful for? YOU!

love ya friend...have a good day! xo.