Monday, March 8, 2010

A Post Script to my Faith post

I can't sleep, so here I am.

You didn't know this, but I've been nine weeks pregnant with our seventh little one. After getting our heads wrapped around the thought of caring for and loving another baby, we, of course, were thrilled. However, as we've talked about many, many times before, life doesn't always do what you think it's going to do. This week has been the perfect example. On Monday, I went to have an ultra-sound to make sure everything looked okay (even though I've been super nauseous for the month of Feb.--which I've heard is a good sign in pregnancy). I saw the little bean and heard the little heart beat. I sighed and smiled in relief.

Yet, early Friday morning I started miscarrying. I've done this before, but it's never any easier. Adam and I cried. Then, after experiencing some complications, I ended up in the hospital Saturday night. I don't know why this happens. But Heavenly Father does. I'm left feeling wiped-out, weak, sad...but, not empty. I have six beautiful babies, an amazing husband, and a wonderful support system of family and friends. Most of all, I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. He knows my purpose. He has a plan for me. And, I have faith in that.

Thanks for listening and being there. Love you.

Goodnight...

11 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

oh lexie...i'm so sorry for your loss. and i'm sorry that you've gone through it before. and i'm sorry that you are tired and wiped out. and i'm sorry that adam is sad.

so in summary...i'm sorry. and i'm sending you lots of love, big hugs, and prayers from dallas. wish i was close enough to do all that in person. xoxo...

Buzz said...

You are the best. We love you guys so much.

Thank you for your great example and I am glad you are ok.

~Yo Yo Buzz

Heather and Aaron said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Adam and your family!!

MelanieJ said...

i love you, sis! I know you are a great woman of faith and my HERO!!

cherie said...

love to you, alexis. i hope you are on the mend. we love you all.

tvmom said...

You are strong and a good example...you guys are in my prayers...

Emma Jo said...

Bless you sweet friend for going through it and still seeing the perspective and love surrounding you. You are amazing and beautiful and I am grateful for you!

Matt said...

Oh Alexis, I will cry with you. Yuck, I know the sad feeling. No matter how many times you do it, it never gets easier does it? We will be praying for you and Adam.

7?!!! When I read that I thought..."She is way too young to have 7 kids." HAHA! :)

I'm signed in as Matt, but it's me, Nat.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

This just broke my heart to read Alexis.... I'm so so sorry. Unfortunately, I too know the feeling. :( You are the best mama to those lucky kids - have a happy weekend! :) XXX!!

Rumsey's said...

Love you Alexis

Berly said...

Alexis -
Finally catching up and reading all about everybody. My thoughts are with you. Life does throw you some interesting things along the path, and things don't quite go according to plan...but all is well. Things work out and life is AWESOME!!
I am thinking about you and your family - love ya!!