Friday, February 26, 2010

Something that made me smile this week...













1. This picture. It cracked me up. I found about 50 others just like it on my camera. Oh that Savannah.



2. My Adam's birthday was this week. No, we didn't go to Long John Silver's, but I just found this picture and smiled. I actually have been pretty sick this past week, so one of my dear friends made dinner on Adam's birthday. Menu: bbq chicken, spaghetti squash baked to perfection, sauteed spinach, homemade bread, mashed potatoes that were the bomb, and german chocolate cake from scratch. I'm pretty sure it was his best birthday cake yet. I can't believe how great my friends are.



3. My girls wanted to do something for Haiti about a month ago. They put "Help Haiti" jars in all the classrooms at their school (with the principal's support) to collect change to donate to Haiti. We tallied all the moo-la on Wednesday. I can't believe this little fundraiser made $645.11! It was a good experience for my girls and it made me smile as we found Chuck E. Cheese coins and carwash tokens, knowing that the sweet little children at the school probably dumped the entire contents of their piggy banks from home.



4. My three oldest were accepted to this amazing charter school for the fall. This definitely put a smile on my face.



5. Annie won this speech contest at her school. It made me smile, looking at her in unbelief at how much she's grown.



6. After losing my patience yesterday (shocker), I said "shut- ___." You get into serious trouble around here when you say that. Austin came around the corner with a concerned look, pointing his index finger at me, "Mom, you said a bad work. You get spicy on your tongue." smile. "You're right, Austin." (while dishing up cayenne pepper on my tongue). Thank goodness for my littles. They keep me in line...and smiling.



7. It's Friday. Friday=Happiness (We're watching Phineas and Ferb at the moment. This puts a smile on my face...a grin and some laughter).


Hope you have something exciting going this weekend. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow...that's exciting enough for me.

6 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Darling, talented kids. I love all the news, happy things that make families so lovely.
Also, I love Phinneas and Ferb...I say "Whatcha doin?" at least twice a day.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Hi Lex!! I'm smiling just reading your post b/c I love your style! It kind of made me smile to think that you said SHUT ___ too, hehe. Do you really put hot sauce on their tongue?? Umm, if so what age can I start that???? Jagger laughs his way thru time out so a new method would be grand. ;)

I hope you're feeling better (salivated over that meal), and ahhh rainy days ironically make me happy so ENJOY IT!! :)

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Oh Oh Oh, and Annie winning the speech contest ... she has NO idea how incredible that is. I seriously took my first speech class right there at Stephens and dropped out after the very first day b/c I nearly died of I think a heat stroke. All I had to do was introduce myself and tell a "few interesting things about yourself." SHEER TERROR. GO ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Lynn said...

Oh,all of those were such happy things! Isn't it amazing as an adult/mother what things really make you deep down happy? I hope you are feeling better soon...

Buzz said...

Yeah, we tried the spicy spicy on the tongue trick and now my kids all want chili sauce on their food.

I gave some to Ariana one time because she had never had it (I thought she would wail in pain). The only reaction I got was, "mmm, that tasted good."

Lesson: You can't use spicy spicy as a punishment for biting or bad words when your kids are Mexican. It's in their blood to like it.

~Yo Yo Buzz

Polynesian Cultural Center said...

Looking at all of these made me smile too. How grateful I am for these pictures and for the comments to go with them AND the internet so I can keep up with everything.
Love,
Merlsie