Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"The Best Day!"





Tonight as we were loading into bed, Savannah sighed and said, "This was the best day." As I was thinking back on the days events, nothing seemed to happen out of the ordinary...laundry, sloppy-joes, homework, baths, looking for the right Halloween costume, reading, prayers...hmmm. Our children are so wise. As I've mentioned before (I seem to have this epiphany on a daily basis...it must be what I constantly need), life is just, well...awesome. Thank you, Savannah, for the reminder.

As part of our days lately, we are up to our ears and eyeballs with this Proposition 8 campaign. This is the important issue which states that marriage is defined by the union of a man and a woman...period. I have to admit, I love a good cause (something I inherited from my politically active mom!)and this is most definitely a good and huge cause. Adam and I have been calling and going door-to-door to help educate voters on this issue. Amazingly, we have received some very positive feedback. However, we have also noticed some negative. Some of our friends in our neighborhood have had their Prop 8 signs taken out of their yards or written on, etc. Just today, in fact, our friends, the Hartmans had their sign taken out of their yard. Their house is right next to the front gate. Later today, I glanced over at their yard, and I belly-laughed at what I saw (I just had to show you a picture). Anyways, keep this in your prayers.

My children must not get enough of eachother during the day because this has been their sleeping arrangement as of late. We have 3 other empty beds, but they all end up sleeping together...so funny. I figure, as long as they are all sleeping through the entire night and are getting plenty of rest...great! All's well that ends well...

The last is just another picture of the kiddies enjoying the fall night, eating some pears. They loved eating outside, so after they finished the pears, I brought up some carrots, broccoli, apples...as much good food as possible. Am I tricky or what?!

(By the way, I won't be induced next week, but the following week...Oct. 27th). Hope your week is happy...the very "best!"

2 comments:

April said...

So positive even when you're so pregnant...that's Alexis. I loved this post about daily life...you are a great mom. Really.

Loved that line up of signs...we are working hard here too. And praying for good outcomes as well.

Good luck here in the last few days...tell Adam to post after the big event. I'm checking every day now.

Berly said...

I am glad you guys are taken such an active roll. We are praying for a good outcome. Good luck the next couple of days. Will be thinking of you.