Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall is in the air!

Admittedly, California is uncharacteristically warm for this time of year, and there are no fall leaves changing colors or cuddly sweaters being worn; however, it still is sunny and beautiful (and did I mention a little warm?) Yea...it's fall! We have been busy doing our favorite "fall" things...picking apples up in Santa Ynez (a beautiful little town north of Santa Barbara), eating the apples (mmm...delicious! We got Golden Delicious this year. What luck!), going to our high school football game (which was a blast! We shelled peanuts and cheered!), putting up our pumpkin decorations, and getting ready for our little baby girl to arrive (my good friends threw a wonderful shower for me at the park...which was so sweet and perfect! You know they are true friends when they still want to throw a shower for your 6th baby!!). I've been nesting like crazy! Every time I finish another project, I think, "Ok, now she can come."--and then I think of something else. We will most likely be inducing the week of October 20th. I feel and look like a beached whale, a boat, a side of a barn...whichever you prefer...just large. Everyone around here is anticipating her arrival; however, we're still stuck on names. We do this every time. For Family Home Evening, everyone was contributing to "the list." We came up with some pretty good ones (minus Joseph's Claw and Blue), but nothing is decided...we'll see. General Conference was, of course, fabulous! We enjoyed every minute of this past weekend! I can't believe another weekend is already upon us...my, my. Hope your weekend is full of wonderful things!

4 comments:

TM CLAN said...

I love, love your blog Alexis. What a beautiful family you have. Love, Melissa Curtis

Melissa said...

Come on, if I can name our boy Catcher you can name your girl Blue:)!

Yeah! I am being induced on the 20th and Diane on the 23rd. We will all have our babies in the same week!

meg said...

Yeah, you really have to let the "cool weather" thing go to enjoy the season where we both live! I hope the next couple of weeks go slow enough for you that you feel ready, but fast enough that you can get back to lookin' at your toes.

MelanieJ said...

I love your traditions! You are always an inspiration. Keep on keepin' on, my friend. I love you more than I can say (or type)!