Friday, February 20, 2009

Crazy-ness!!



Yesterday, I lost my mind around 8 a.m. as Joseph and I were playing "Star Wars swords" with a butter knife and a Mickey Mouse light saber. He said, "Mom, let's go see BuzzLightyear (all one word) at Dineyland (Disneyland)." I was feeling rather energetic and the weather was beautiful (and we have So. Cal. Disneyland annual passes)...so, why not?!!! I lost my mind (obviously) because I picked my girls up from school an hour and a half early (please don't report me) and headed south to "Dineyland"...ALONE!!

I knew it was not such a good idea when we pulled up in the parking garage, and everyone was excited and ready to get out and play...and Erika was ready to nurse. So, here I am with two toddlers, an infant, a child that could ride on fast roller coasters all day, a child that is terrified of anything remotely fast (I had to practically shove her on the It's a Small World ride a couple years ago without causing a scene and without causing her permanent emotional damage), and a child that would be satisfied to stand in line all day to meet and take pictures with all the Disney characters (mainly princesses). When Adam called me, "Hey! How are you?...(pause-listening)...where are you?" Oh, I'm just in this terribly long line that is taking forever, Erika is screaming and I'm nursing her while standing up and making everyone around me feel awkward and uncomfortable, and trying to corral two toddlers who have no idea of the value and importance of waiting in line. "I'm at Disneyland," I replied with a laugh like a maniac. "Well," he said calmly, "I got your message, but I didn't believe it." You're married to me...remember?! Spontaneity runs deep in my genetic make-up; however, we never seem to think it all the way through. Hence, the craziness!

But, the silver lining happened (and there definitely is some silver shining through) when we watched Joseph become completely involved (answering the bird's questions, dancing with the flowers, etc.) in the Tiki hut show while savoring some delicious pineapple ice cream, when we had a nice, calm, friendly conversation with a Disney employee from Australia, and when enjoying the incredible TULIPS!! They were everywhere...and they were lovely.

A word to the wise. Go to Disneyland...but, never alone. Have a zippity-doo-da weekend!

8 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

alexis you make me smile!!! you are SO CUTE! and insane!!

i bet the more times you do crazy things like this, the less crazy it seems!? we'll go with that theory! bottom line is, your KIDS LOVED IT!!

have a great wknd too my friend!

Andrea Sheets said...

Oh my gosh alexis! You are too funny! I've been following your blog since Christmas! You and family are amazing! I would love to go to disneyland with you! We could relish the craziness together!

MelanieJ said...

i have to have a little maniacal laugh at your expense as well. But maybe i am really laughing with you instead of at you since I have also done the D-land crazy alone thing as well. Amazing, my friend, truly amazing is what you are. love you!

Kents said...

I get a little spontaneity from my Grandpa Beecroft, I'm told. I love that you did that! We were there on Thursday!!! We have year passes, too. If you ever do that again, call me. I'll go with you. I heart Disneyland.

Berly said...

I can't believe it. But, i guess I can. Silly girl and so brave to go it alone.

Andrea said...

Oh, Alexis you are so brave. I am not that brave yet. my poor kids haven't even been to disneyland yet! We have Knotts passes and really like it because there are not long lines in Camp snoopy. Someday we will get to disneyland...

April said...

There is a reason heaven sent you so many children...you are a wonderful mother.

Tara Brooks said...

You never cease to amaze me!
I have 6 kids (my nephew has been living with us this year)....and I won't go to the GROCERY STORE alone!
My mom used to do stuff like that all the time. We would make trips to Magic Mountain, season passes in hand, at 10pm just to ride 1 or 2 rides and go home. Great memories!