Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to You!




What can I say?! I'm crazy about this guy! He is now in his late, late thirties...older and wiser. He is definitely not one for p.d.a., but I am...

I told a friend of mine today that many nights I go to sleep, telling him that I think I'm the luckiest girl alive. He is the kindest, most humble, most loving person I know. He is the one that can be seen trying to change someone's tire on the side of the road in a suit, or missing a meeting at work to attend his daughter's awards ceremony wearing a suit, or helping the housekeeper at the hospital make beds to make more room for patients while wearing a suit, or baking cookies (while his wife is out of town) for neighbors or others while probably wearing a suit. (He wears suits a lot). Happy Birthday Love. Thank you for making my dreams come true...

And tonight as we were getting ready for him to come home, Kate answered the phone and said, "Oh no! Don't come home yet! We're still decorating." He replied, "Well, where do you want me to go?" "Um, just go rub your back!" O.K. Then she came to me and said, "I told Dad to not come home yet, but when he does, he can't look at anything for his birthday. The only thing he can see is me, dancing." She then turned and ran into the family room, to perform her dress rehearsal (with a colorful birthday streamer) to some Hannah Montana song that I've heard a lot lately. As she was performing her "birthday dance" for Adam tonight, he was saying, "Beautiful! Let's see you make a circle...now a figure 8...amazing!" Put a smile in my heart.

4 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

hi my lexie! NO...you absolutely do not tell me too much that you love following my little fam in blogland! :) i feel the exact same way! it honestly thrills me that i can keep up with you and your precious family! i love each and every update!

and speaking of updates...HAPPY BDAY ADAM! i'm so glad to know that you are married to such a fantastic father, hubby, and man! i always knew that you two belonged together and it sounds like you guys have a great life!!!

love you, chick! xo.

Unknown said...

Here's to one of the greatest men I know and one that is a great role model for me.

You tell of him well Alexis and I am not surprised at that. It is only fitting that a man of his character has a wife equal to his own.

Happy Birthday Brotha T!

~Yo Yo Buzz

MelanieJ said...

Happy Bday, Adam! I just wish we were all together to celebrate our late-February, late-30s for both your hubby and mine. Thanks for the talk this morning. I hope the day wasn't too hectic! Love you!!!!!

Maritime Girl said...

Happy birthday Adam. I still remember when you were born and I was 14. You made me an aunt and I loved it. You were the cutest little baby. I love the piecake. It is way cool.
Sorry I missed Kate's dance! :(