Sunday, March 1, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever






I know, I know...I live a charmed life. I mean, look at what we got to indulge in this week! My family has a thang for delicious, beautiful produce...and the strawberries in Oxnard, California are never a disappointment. These strawberries tasted like they had been rolled around in powdered sugar--they were that sweet...in February! I wish I could FedEx each of you a full flat of these beauties (you'll need just about that many to quench your tastebuds), but I don't know how to package them properly. So, I guess you'll just have to come visit us and try them out for yourselves! And, exhibit B above shows what I see when I drive out of our neighborhood at the end of our street...yes, that's right...fields and fields of strawberries. Come and visit.

This week has been eventful. Adam has had around the clock meetings at work and church (still in a suit). My kids are still trying to convince him that working at an ice cream parlor has much better perks than just "an old hospital."

We finally celebrated Annie's 10th b-day with a "sleep-under" (all the characteristics of a sleep-over, but without the sleeping over! It ended at 9 p.m.). Anyways, I think the 15 lively, energetic, vocal girls enjoyed themselves making personal pizzas, friendship bracelets, and designer fingernails and toenails. Whew!

Savannah has made a couple of new friends at school that she really likes. Any chance she gets, she is making some new craft to take to them at school. She is my tender-heart girl. I can always count on her for a compliment. I love girls.

Kate is as busy as ever--forever the dancing queen. She could dance to Hannah Montana and the Kit Kittrege soundtrack all day and night...with splits, cartwheels, sommersaults and all! I heard her having a conversation with someone the other day. The other person was commenting on Erika babbling, telling Kate, "Wow, Erika sure is talking a lot." Without even a pause Kate responded, "Yeah, but we can't even understand her, she's speaking Spanish." She cracks me up!

Joseph and Austin are pure boy. They usually have a car or something with wheels in one hand and a food item in the other. Yesterday, Joseph and Kate filled up water balloons and used them as props (before throwing them, of course). The picture is of Kate trying to sell him "jelly beans" of which Joseph responded, "sure, sure." The next balloon she was a selling him was a "mushroom" of which he said, "no way."

Erika is keeping with our Thunell tradition and has become quite the round butterball baby...I love every inch of her chubbiness.

Hope your week is happy and blissful! Come and visit...the strawberries are calling.

9 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

looks like you've been busy! i think that i could smell those strawberries from here! and have i mentioned how beautiful your sweet family is?

hope you have another great week! :)

Andrea Sheets said...

I'm jealous! The strawberry picks make me want to move back to California - almost! I miss my Strawberry Fields! Looks like the girls had a blast at the party. what a good mom you are!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

YOU are the cutest and sweetest mom EVER! I love your stories about each child, and I always feel like you capture them so perfectly with each one.

I was thinking, I wish she could ship me some of those strawberries before you wrote the part about shipping everyone a flat! I only wish b/c we LOVE strawberries in this house. :)

you guys are precious!!

Unknown said...

Look out.. it won't be long now. The Basuas will be visiting Oxnard soon. Those strawberries don't stand a chance.

And tell Kate, that I will happily translate for Erika... since of course... I do speak Espanol.

~Yo Yo Buzz

Berly said...

I want some of those strawberries. I love them and my girls eat them like candy. YUM!!

Andrea said...

Love those strawberries! They are getting to us down in our stores and I love them!

The sleepover party is a great idea! I was wondering how I was going to get around actually having the overnight part! Great idea!

Sorry about all of the work and church meetings for adam. Unfortunately in our ward we have had funerals!! We have an older ward and had 4 people pass away this month. My poor Pat has one on a friday night and then another the next day. It all definitely comes in waves.... every now and then they get to rest!

MelanieJ said...

Ah, don't remind me!!! I love how you enumerate the bounties of your life. You sure are tending your secret garden of blessings. Thanks for being you and I LOVE YOU!!

cherie said...

love all of those pictures and details!! i'm salivating over the strawberries and trying to convince the head honcho that i need vitamin a on a daily basis!!!! ;) love you!

Emma Jo said...

Oh, the strawberries look heavenly...and you absolutely cannot underestimate living somewhere beautiful. I would love to visit--how does adding a couple of adults and several more children to the mix sound? Your kids are so sweet I can hardly stand it.