Monday, March 9, 2009

Dig It!

I'm still laughing. Jack Black was on Sesame Street this morning--need I say more?! His eyebrows alone make me have a belly laugh. But, when he's acting alongside Elmo, acting out the word disguise...he's at his peak! hilarious!

Anyways, we abandoned our rather lengthy To-Do list Saturday and escaped up to Santa Barbara for the day. We visited the farmer's market, which brought up fond memories for me and Adam (when we lived in SB, pre-children, we spent most Sat. mornings there). The flowers, juicy oranges, huge, beautiful cauliflouer, freshly baked sourdough (mmm...my mouth is watering) would've blown you away! We stopped in the SB Natural History museum's planetarium and then ate lunch at one of Santa Barbara's many beautiful parks. Happy memories!

Annie was up until 10 p.m. last night, fretting about track team tryouts today. She gets just so intense. If she's like this for elementary school track team tryouts, it'll be interesting to see her taking college entry exams. Savannah internalizes much more. We'll see how it all shakes down this afternoon.

Joseph is as rambunctious as ever...and it's rubbing off on Austin. argh! I've become a hovering parent when we visit anywhere with other children--afraid that he'll start wielding some toy or fist or sand at the other child. I'm hoping this is a phase. Is it? Oh the drama!

Hope you have a great week...in all of your daily dramas! To quote a friend, "Life's a Garden...dig it."

(I joined my church choir...a nod to culture...I'm excited!).

6 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

your family is completely precious, my friend! love these stories and pics...xo

MelanieJ said...

who is the director? congrats! i sang a solo yesterday and was then asked to join the choir. i wonder if my house will burn down while i am gone sunday mornings?
i loved seeing the SB pics, i miss the scenery, that is for sure (not much else about SB, though :)

Andrea said...

Such pretty flowers. Weekend family outings are so nice. They get harder to plan. I'm sure you are going to love the choir. Nice alone time!

Polynesian Cultural Center said...

Love keeping up with all that's going on in Calif! Thanks!

Suzanne said...

You guys have beautiful children! I am in complete sympathy about crazy boys. Mine are nuts. I was used to having cute, mild girls. This is a whole new ballgame. And this morning I found out that I am expecting boy #3. More wild fun! I'm sorry that I missed the Jack Black Sesame Street episode. I hope they run that again.

cherie said...

miss you all too! wish we could have seen you but these cute pictures will do. hope the track tryouts went well and we'll look forward to hearing you sing in the choir soon! :)