Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Baby #6!

I finally made it to the doctor this past Monday. They said that I needed an ultrasound for various reasons...one, being that I had placenta previa. They wanted to see where the placenta was located now (since I received my last ultrasound at 10 wks, and now I'm at 25 wks...yikes!). I had no idea, but thankfully, I have felt fine and after todays ultrasound, I think I'm fine (the tech wouldn't say). I'm sure everything is just fine.
And...we found that we are having a...GIRL!!! We are thrilled! Annie and Savannah keep telling Kate, "Kate! You've never had a baby sister! We haven't had a baby girl for 6 whole years!" Now, the mission is to find the suitable name. Don't worry, with input from 5 opinionated people, I'm sure we can come up with a good one before having to sign the Birth Certificate papers in October!
Adam's hospital is holding the annual employee picnic this Saturday. For the last two years (ever since Adam has been working there), we have enjoyed lots of cotton candy, popcorn, tri-tip, jolly-jumps, etc...and a hula-hoop contest! Hula-hooping is in the same category for me as American apple pie and baseball. Savannah has been watching this contest for the past two years, and is determined to accomplish something this Saturday. In fact, we went and bought a hula-hoop yesterday so she could "practice." I overheard the girls talking in the car yesterday. Savannah was explaining to her two sisters, "Actually, I'm really glad I have such a round bottom...it helps me to hula-hoop better." smile. (I wish I could post a picture of her "practicing"...she has spent much of the day doing it! BUT, I'm without a camera after leaving it at the beach last week--rats!).
Also, tonight, as I was taking Annie to Achievement Days at the church, I was listening to all 5 children talking either with me or at me. After telling everyone that we need a little quiet, I heard a voice from the back seat (Kate), "Shut it! Lock it! And put it in your pocket!" It's great being a mom...

6 comments:

cherie said...

oh yea!!!!!! another girl for the thunell fam! so happy for you!
you didn't lose your new camera did you? :( :( :(

love your posts, by the way!

JuGaJoZmom said...

Congratulations!!! Let me know if you want to learn all about cloth diapers!!!

I found this blog and thought you might enjoy it:

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/

JuGaJoZmom said...

Congratulations!!! Let me know if you want to learn about cloth diapers!!

I found this blog and thought you might enjoy it:
http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/

meg said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you and your family! I'm also excited that I found your blog 'cuz I will love keeping in touch with you. Come visit us at - thekeck7.blogspot

Natalie and Clark Rumsey said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. It's a lot of fun.

Berly said...

Congratulations!! How fun for your family!!