Thursday, July 10, 2008

A New World

Yes! Is it true? I have entered the techno-blogging world. It's a miracle! I have so enjoyed reading our friends and family's blogs, to see how everyone is doing. I must admit; however, this is not my ideal way to communicate with everyone...it is much too one-sided for me. I much prefer to sit knee to knee with each of you and find out more about your comings and goings. Alas, this method will have to do for now...

Like all of you, we have had a fast, furious, and fabulous holiday weekend, well...week. Adam took off part of last week. We spent the 4th of July morning at the church for a scruptous meal (honestly, we had an amazing spread of pancakes, sausage, eggs, mango, berries, fresh plums from someone's tree...mmm. I LOVE this part of California. Spoken like a true Rumsey/Chernosky). Enjoyed a BBQ later that afternoon with friends. We then, last minute, (and I mean last minute) went down to San Diego for the rest of the weekend. We had a great time; however, after the chaos of packing and unpacking for 7 people for only 2 days of vacation, Adam was saying, "Let's remember not to do this anymore... At least not until our kids can pack their own bags."

The kids and I have been doing something I read about for the summertime. It's an ABC summer where each day of the week, you do something for that letter, starting with 'A.' Took the kids to the Oxnard Airport to get a tour of the hanger and the airplanes, had a BBQ at the Beach, went to the Church for the 4th, saw Dolphins at SeaWorld, learned about Enoch, Enos, and Esther, took the kids to a Farm to pick produce and to feed the farm animals, ETC... We have had a blast! (actually, I have had a blast! I asked Savannah yesterday how she was enjoying it. She replied while shrugging her shoulders, "It's alright." Very nonplussed...) Oh well, it makes for a wonderful memory-filled summer...the goal.

Tuesday was my Mom's birthday and yesterday was my birthday! I had an eventful day which started off with a call to my grandma, Dorothy (who is 92 yrs. old. amazing!). I need to start everyday with prayer, scripture study, and a call to her. She is such a bright, happy star. It was the perfect beginning to a birthday. Through part of the conversation she said, "I am so glad the Lord put us together. Don't we have the greatest family?" Yes, we do, my dear Dorothy. The rest of the day included a visit to the doctor with Joseph, my car getting cleaned (pure joy!), a visit to see Dad at the Hospital for a brief tour (he was called up for an emergency, so we received a nice tour of the renovated lobby), a little shopping spree, and a nice dinner at Cafe Nouveau (mmm, delicious...) with my family. I am so blessed. With my amazing lot of family and friends, life could not be any better...

Well, I can hear the birds chirping that the day is about to get started and I better get going or I won't catch up until tomorrow. Have a wonderful day! I can already feel it, it's going to be a good one...

4 comments:

Rumsey's said...

So glad you've created a blog! Happy belated birthday!

Buzz said...

Welcome to the blogging world. It's a bit crowded but there was already a place reserved on our list for you.

Can't wait to read more.

We love you.

The Zionists, err, I mean, The Basuas

cherie said...

yippeeeeeeee!!!!! so glad you didn't keep waiting around for me to get this blog hopping! i am so excited to hear more!
happy birthday again!! we love you!

MelanieJ said...

i love, love, love the ABC idea! You are, as always, an inspiration. Hope your birthday was relaxing (well, we can dream, can't we?). Love you TONS!