Monday, September 8, 2008

A Special Day




This past Saturday, Savannah was baptized. Everything went well, and she was happy. My parents, who are currently serving a mission in Salt Lake, received permission to come for the day. So, we were thrilled to have the two of them and Fordy come to be with our family.

After the baptism, we all went to Souplantation for dinner. She came up to me and whispered in my ear, "I have a really good feeling inside." She was beaming. I didn't even need to say a word...we both felt the Spirit and were happy.

Ahhh...it's these small, simple moments that keep me going. It makes all those crazy, hairy days melt away and not seem like such a big deal after all. Life is good.

5 comments:

April said...

Indeed.

Congrats to your Savannah.

MelanieJ said...

oh, how we wish we were there. Savannah, you are such a sweet, tender-hearted girl, and WE LOVE YOU!!!

MCJaster said...

Savannah 8! Wow, didn't Annie just get baptized? They are almost teenagers Alexis. Yikes. I have to say, I read your blog the other day & if you can do all those peaches and still have your sanity afterward, you are amazing. You definitely are amazing & I am inspired. Check out our blog if you haven't already: mcjaster.blogspot.com.

Berly said...

I am glad your parents could be there. IT is weird for me to think Kaylee will be 8 in one year. Congratulations to Savannah.

Suzie Petunia said...

Congratulations to Savannah and her good parents! What a special, sweet day for all of you. :)