Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nine is Divine









Before I "dot another i" (Bob Kratchit...I'm sorry. I can't help throwing in a line from The Christmas Carol-my favorite! I'm giddy with excitement that it is Christmastime!), I just had to express my thanks in this wonderful season of Thanksgiving! I have the best family and friends and life. In my mind, I'm thinking of each one of you individually and thanking my lucky stars (well, actually Heavenly Father)for sending such incredible people in my path. I'm crazy about each of you. I have the greatest life...what can I say?! On Thanksgiving morning, my sister Adrienne and I were chatting about how great it is that Thanksgiving is the holiday that comes right before Christmas. (My sister is so wise and profound...I just love her.) It puts us all in the right mind-set for the "most wonderful time of the year." Anyways, how could I go another second without expressing my gratitude for my many, many blessings...Hope each one of you had a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving.

And, how can it possibly be Christmas already??!! I got jipped! There couldn't possibly have been 365 days in this year! My mom used to tell us that the older you get, the faster time flies by! She's right! Yikes! Nevertheless, I have had a wonderful year.

So, about a year ago, my sister Lauren (also very wise and profound--I just love her too. living in Milwaukee)called to see if I could watch her little darlings during Thanksgiving week 2008, as she and her husband Hubble were going to be going on a trip with her in-laws to Ireland. Loving to spend time with any family I can get my hands on, I agreed. (I'm sorry my grammar is very sub-par right now. It's late and I'm writing with half a brain). So, I had my cute little nieces and nephew come and spend the week with us last week. We had a total blast and lived to tell the tale! Thankfully,my sister Adrienne came out from BYU to help me and my cousin Jimmy (living in LA)came also. We didn't do anything extravagent, but laugh, make big messes, eat, and laugh some more...memories. Juggling nine little ones under nine yrs. was actually a great strategy. It makes having six again not seem so hairy after all!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW nine!! You go girl!! What an adventure! What fun! You are such on example of service! Thank you!

Emma Jo said...

You guys are all so very very darling! I love seeing all of these offspring that look like my friends. Family is the greatest--it sounds like you had a really fun time!!

April said...

You continue to astound and amaze me.

Loved talking to you this morning...did you make it all the way to LA on top of everything else. Can you believe how fabulous you are?

Berly said...

HOW CRAZY!! I bet it was a mad house at times, but so much fun. I love the pic of Adrienne asleep with the baby. So cute. Looks like you had a blast and I am sure Lauren greatly appreciated it.

Rumsey's said...

GNARLY!

Natalie and Clark Rumsey said...

Wow, Alexis . . . that picture of Adam looks pretty funny...His facial expression is super funny... He looks like "I'm trying"....I really enjoy reading your blogs. . . Lots of fun to read.

Suzie Petunia said...

What a wonderful sister and aunt you are! Nine under nine?! I think YOU deserve the next vacation!

Those kids are all so darn cute!

Ashley said...

I love all your family! You really have the cutest kids =)