Friday, December 26, 2008

Silent night, holy night...

Right when I finished that last entry, I realized that I had not said a single word of the true reason for this season. The reason there's such a special feeling in the air, the reason strangers are smiling and cheerfully wishing you a Merry Christmas at a packed Honeybaked Ham store on Christmas eve, the reason we think of the less fortunate even more so...is because the real reason for this season is to celebrate the birth of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the reason for the season. He is the originator of everything good and true. He, who is full of love and patience, peace, hope and joy...love that I cannot even comprehend. He, who knows us intimately, knows our strengths and weaknesses, and loves us anyways. I wish I could be more eloquent in expressing my feelings for Him. I love Him. I rejoice in Him. Amidst the presents and hustle and bustle, may we each still feel the peace and power that was felt that silent night, holy night...

6 comments:

"Party of Five" said...

Merry CHRISTmas!!! Love you... Love your blog! You are one of my favorite peoples!!!

April said...

Amen.

I loved Savannah's note in the last post...so tender. You are doing something right.

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Alexis! I just saw your note on our blog!! I'm so glad you found it, and I had a grand time going back on yours and reading all about your awesome family! I'm really excited to keep up with you this way at least ... I have you bookmarked, so fun!

Happy 2009!!

Suzanne said...

Hi Alexis!!! I just had to log on and get a taste of your blog. Thanks for your sweet entries and happy attitude! I promise we'll get a new year's card or something out soon. I love you & your blog! This is Suzanne Rogers by the way -- your family is beautiful!

Justin M. Bowen said...

Alexis, I was so excited to get your Christmas card! I can't believe you have SIX kids. They are so lucky to have you as their mom. I'll never forget your warmth and kindness in Oxnard! We re in Vegas now, so if you ever want to pack those kids in the car and come to sin city (somehow that doesn't sound too appealing...) Anyway, come anytime and thanks so much for remembering us. Tell the Oxnard crew hello, we are yet to beat that amazing ward!
Take care, Lindsay

Maritime Girl said...

Loved your blog. I will follow.