Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Brand New Year!









We started our new year with a running start...beginning with our trip out to Utah to spend the holidays with our family. We had a blast (as always) visiting with Adam's family and mine. Erika was blessed. She was surrounded with people that are so important in our lives, that we love--the perfect setting...a memory I will cherish.

Adam is keeping true to form. He has already completely mapped out his new goals for the upcoming year and has them outlined in every planning tool that he owns (Franklin, palm, etc.). He says he uses them all and I believe him. I, on the other hand, was not born with a smidge of organization talent. Every year, he buys me a new insert for my Franmklin, and every other "calendering" method he can think up. However, after using this method for about a month, my simple ways get the best of me, and I am back keeping track of my family on a cute, little Mary Engelbreit calendar on the wall--that I love. I'm sure he just sighs with hopelessness...oh well. I'm sorry, my love.

The girls are back to school. Annie's class has been preparing and performing a "wax museum." Every child was assigned a person to research and present a presentation on. Annie has been studying Christa McAuliffe. She has presented her memorized speech to the rest of the school. It's been a fun project for her. Also, her dear friend, Kali, came in town from Colorado Springs this week. They took Annie to see the broadway play of Annie tonight. She got home late and said what a great time she had; however, "they didn't do the movie scene." She listed off all the songs that they did do from the movie. If you haven't guessed, Annie is a crowd pleaser around here. Maybe it's because we are familiar with the name of the main character, or maybe because my children like to sing, "It's a Hard-knock Life!" when doing chores around the house...It's a toss up!

Hope your new year is off to a fabulous start!

5 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

hi my lexie!!!!! so glad that 2009 is off to a great start for you guys! gosh, your kids are just precious...you have a beautiful family! annie looks like you to me! :) i'm so glad that we can keep up in blogland!!! xo!

Melissa said...

Love all the pictures. Looks like you had a great time. Wish we could have hung out more. Next time!

MelanieJ said...

great post! thanks for letting us in to your life. we love you all!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

you are just as precious in this post as I remember! Happy 2009 - i'll be following your sweet family and can't wait! :)

Rumsey's said...

Love the pictures Thunells!!! Wish I could've been there. . . Looks like it was a TON of fun!