Thursday, September 17, 2009

real life


My day started really great. And then daily life just settled in. By the time the afternoon hit, the wheels were comin' off the cart. Homework wasn't getting done, piano wasn't getting practiced, shin guards couldn't be found, and my kitchen looked like a peanut butter & jelly bomb went off.
As I ran into Albertson's this evening to grab poppy seeds and frozen pizza, I looked down at my navy blue top. All I could see was a nice big banana shmear all over the front of me. I'm so classy. At least my shirt wasn't white!!

6 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Life is so "real" these days...bet you weren't the only mom at Albertsons with something funky on your shirt! :>)

Emma Jo said...

Classy, you bet? Who else buys poppy seeds except classy people? You have nothing to worry about. Banana smears might be all the rage on the runway this year. AND your family did get to eat dinner...that is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Suzanne said...

I love the real life and craving beauty posts on the same day. That IS real life. I figure the beautiful, uplifting things help us to be happy, and the banana smears keep us humble. Thanks for your always great posts! And great Emerson quote!

JuGaJoZmom said...

You will have to ask me about my friend who went to Krogers with her two oldest boys. The second was potty training... And, well, I will leave the rest for when I hopefully see you in October.

This was a wonderful post today:
http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/09/encouragement-for-weary-mothers.html

I think I sent you a link to this blog earlier, for something food related....

A friend of mine just had her 12th. She is thankful for not being winded when going up the stairs (how many times a day??!?!?!).

Natalie said...

It happens to the best of us! :)

MelanieJ said...

That just reminds me of Sis. Hinckley's quote you gave me--you just have PB&J smears on your kitchen instead of your shirt (where the banana is making a guest appearance!).